The following public hearings have been scheduled for Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 5:30 PM (or thereabout) at the regularly scheduled Board of Commissioners Meeting. All interested parties are invited to attend. Oral and written comments are welcome.
Public Hearing #1 Consideration of Unified Development Ordinance Text Amendments recommended by the Planning Board on February 25, 2020 related to changes to the NC General Statutes amended in 2019:
- Section 1-2: Authority (c),
- Section 1-8: Fees,
- Section 3-5: Amendments to the Unified Development Ordinance Official Zoning Map, C, H - K,
- Section 3-12: Appeals A-C, O-X,
- Section 3-19: Improvement Guarantees,
- Section 3-24: Permit Choice,
- Section 6-1: Definitions,
- Section 9-4: Driveways,
- Section 15-1: General,
- Section 15-10: Other Requirements
Public Hearing #2 Consideration of Unified Development Ordinance Text Amendments recommended by the Planning Board on June 18, 2020 related to items, including renumbering and re-lettering sections, to complete mandated changes by the NC General Statutes amended in 2019, address temporary signage changes mandated by Supreme Court case Reed vs. Town of Gilbert Arizona, as well as amendments enabling disaster preparedness planning and disaster response:
- Section 6-2: add definitions for disaster volunteer housing, emergency disaster housing, temporary housing unit and amend temporary structure
- Section 8-2: amend Table of Permitted Uses to include “D” temporary uses which are permitted in declared disaster.
- Section 8-4: add use standards for disaster volunteer housing, and emergency/disaster relief housing
- Section 10-2: B. add m. fence wrap display signage
- Section 10-4: amend temporary sign standards to be content neutral
Public Hearing #3 Consideration of Unified Development Ordinance Text Amendments recommended by the Planning Board on July 16, 2020 related to utilities:
- Section 6-2: adding a definition for utilities, deleting the current definition for solar farm and adding a new definition
- Section 8-2: Table of Permitted Uses deleting the word “public” in front of Electrical Utility Station or substation as well as utility works, shops or storage yards. Add electric power transmission and distribution only to the use table.