March 30, 2020 5:13 PM
COVID-19 Update: March 30, 2020 at 5:00 PM
Mayor Cowan has declared a State of Emergency for the town effective at 5:00 PM on Monday, March 30, 2020 due to the worldwide outbreak of COVID-19. In addition to Governor Cooper’s “Stay At Home” Executive Order 121, the following changes for the town are also effective at 5:00 PM on Monday, March 30, 2020 until further notice:
• All town rental facilities are closed and rental reservation requests are suspended.
• All town playgrounds are closed.
• All public restrooms are closed.
• Green spaces and the walking trail remain open.
• Utility payments are accepted online, by phone, or drop box.
• Disconnections for non-payment have been suspended.
• Recycling and garbage service remain as usual.
• Town yard debris/white goods pick-up remain as usual.