Household Trash and Recycling
The Town of Burgaw contracts trash and recycling through GFL who is responsible for collection, carts, dumpsters and extra paid pick-ups.
Trash is picked up every Wednesday and recycling is picked up every other Wednesday on a rotating schedule. All roll carts must be by the curb no later than 7 AM. If a holiday falls on a Wednesday, please see the schedule by GFL or call Town Hall at (910) 259-2151 for new pick-up dates.
- Additional charged pick-ups by GFL can be scheduled through Town Hall or Public Works.
- You must call at least 24 hours in advance to schedule an extra pick-up.
- For broken, lost or stolen carts please call Town Hall or use our online form.
- GFL allows up to two extra bags standard 13g bags to be placed beside roll carts.
- Cardboard needs to be broken down inside your roll cart, if it is too big to fit inside please put it between your trash and recycle roll cart for pick-up. Public Works will not pick-up extra cardboard.