Burgaw Cemetery

The Burgaw Cemetery is comprised of ten acres of land just to the north of downtown. In 1893 the Wilmington and Weldon Railroad Company donated the land to the town for use as a burial ground. A small portion of the grounds were already being used as a cemetery with graves dating back to the 1860s. 

Although the town is no longer selling cemetery plots, the cemetery is connected to the Osgood Canal Greenway and Urban Trail and is used as a quiet place to walk by many citizens.