The Planning Department provides consolidated land use planning and community development programs for Burgaw's residents.
It is our mission to plan for and protect the rights, health, safety, and general welfare of the town through long range planning, enforcement of development-related ordinances, and special projects.
Major responsibilities of this department include:
- Administering the guidelines of the Town of Burgaw Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)
- Advising town boards on land development issues
- Developing and implementing strategic and long range plans, such as the Burgaw 2030 Comprehensive Land Use Plan
- Enforcing the town's zoning and nuisance codes
- Engaging the public in the land use planning and policymaking process
- Managing assorted community development projects
- Managing development by working with property owners, business owners, and developers to ensure that projects adhere to all town regulations
- Reviewing subdivision plats
- Serving as the point-of-contact for citizens and property owners seeking variances to the UDO; applying for permits, text change amendments, or voluntary annexation; and appealing staff planning interpretations
We are located at 103 N Walker Street, across the parking lot from the Town Administrative Building.
Schedule an Appointment
We encourage you to call or email to schedule an appointment, especially if you are coming from out of town.